Working across our portfolio of bespoke interiors, furniture and products, the designer’s primary role is to facilitate the smooth running of a busy studio and workshop, and to help the business deliver projects on time and within budget.
The role requires some customer-facing involvement. As such, we are looking for personable candidates with a broad interest and a keen eye for design, who are looking to grow professionally within a continuously evolving business.
- To assist the head of design by meeting with clients, receiving briefs and understanding/communicating their requirements;
- To compile comprehensive concepts comprising suggested designs, materials, colour-ways and manufacturers, and to present these to the HOD and client;
- To produce detailed sketches, CAD drawings and final technical design specifications;
- To work directly with manufacturers, model makers or the BAS workshop to generate prototypes, and with renderers to produce visuals;
- To work with the production manager and estimator to ensure that each project reaches final production, promptly, efficiently and to budget;
- To archive all materials, manufacturers and leathers in an up-to-date library of resources, and send samples out to customers when needed;
- To conduct ad hoc research and information gathering through visits to trade shows;
- To manage the BAS image library and provide images to various stakeholders when necessary;
- To carefully maintain and evolve the Bill Amberg Studio brand design language in collaboration with others;
- Work with marketing and sales departments on website and graphics projects where necessary.
Primary skill requirements:
- BA Hons degree in design-related areas with proficiency in CAD drawing packages such as AutoCAD or similar, and pencil sketches;
- Some understanding of basic IT infrastructure. Able to identify problems and send requests to IT support;
- Proven understanding of manufacturing processes and knowledge of production methods and materials;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Superior organisational skills;
- Valid UK drivers’ licence and should be willing to drive a transit van;
- A working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel);
- Must be self-motivated, with an interest in Design, and have an ability to work well in a small, dynamic team;
- Exceptional attention to detail, plus a friendly and proactive attitude;
- The right to live and work in the UK;
- English fluency essential, other languages an advantage.
Secondary skill requirements:
- Familiar with E-commerce management;
- 2+ years related work experience in interior, furniture, design/accessories and product development;
- Some experience using a CMS system to check / update websites (Joomla, WordPress etc.);
- Page construction using front or back-end Website Editor (visual composer) HTML, CSS.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role to Ned Ingham: [email protected]